[PHC] end of Gmane
Thomas Pornin
2016-08-17 22:43:39 UTC
Hello,

it seems that Gmane.org has shut down last month:
https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/

This was where this mailing-list was archived, and the PHC website
indicates as much. So we are in need of a new hosting somewhere for the
mailing-list archives. Any idea or suggestion?

(It seems www.archive.org did not scoop up the emails.)

The PHC Web site is hosted somewhere, so putting a copy of the archive
on the same machine might be relevant. Alternatively, I have a server
that sits idle most of the time, so I could contribute some hosting
space if needed.

--Thomas Pornin
Solar Designer
2016-08-17 23:59:15 UTC
Post by Thomas Pornin
https://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/07/28/the-end-of-gmane/
Yes, but Gmane is not completely down. Someone has just posted a
message to oss-security via Gmane, I think using its NNTP gateway.

The web archive is down, yes.
Post by Thomas Pornin
This was where this mailing-list was archived, and the PHC website
indicates as much. So we are in need of a new hosting somewhere for the
mailing-list archives. Any idea or suggestion?
(It seems www.archive.org did not scoop up the emails.)
The PHC Web site is hosted somewhere, so putting a copy of the archive
on the same machine might be relevant. Alternatively, I have a server
that sits idle most of the time, so I could contribute some hosting
space if needed.
just need a copy of the full archive so far. Presumably, I can request
that from ezmlm, unless it's been told not to archive or not to honor
such requests. Normally, ezmlm is willing to send list members copies
of archived messages, of up to 100 messages per request.

Alexander
Jean-Philippe Aumasson
Alexander
Solar Designer
2016-08-19 17:32:34 UTC
Post by Jean-Philippe Aumasson
Please try this then :)
JP ended up sending me a copy of the archive off-list, and here it is
viewable via the web:

http://lists.openwall.net/phc-discussions/

Alexander